Last Chance for the 2011 30% Federal Solar Tax Credit
If you buy a solar power center before the end of the year, your equipment and installation costs will qualify for the 2011 Federal Tax Credit.
What types of systems qualify for 30% Federal Tax Credit?
- Gridtied Solar Power Systems
- Offgrid Solar Electric Systems
- Back up systems that include solar panels.
What do I need to know about the 30% Federal Tax Credit?
- There is no limit on the credit amount you can receive.
- It can be applied to equipment AND installation costs.
- Residential Renewable Energy Systems can use IRS Tax Form 5695 to claim their credit. Read details here.
- Commercial systems have similar guidelines as residential systems, and use IRS Tax Form 3468. Read more about the commercial tax credit here.
- It can be combined with a wide range of state, county, city and utility company rebates and incentives.