Investing in solar is a no-brainer in Oregon.
Making the decision to invest in solar in the state of Oregon should be a no-brainer. Why? Because it is one of the most supportive states in the nation when it comes to “going green”. If state and federal incentives and tax credits are combined, a home or business owner can recover as much as 80 percent of their costs!
- A Personal Tax Credit for residential systems up to $6,000 or up to 50% of equipment costs.
- A host of energy efficiency rebates and loans. (Reducing your energy needs translates into a smaller system with a better price tag.)
- Property tax exemptions.
- The 30% Federal Tax Credit, which can be applied to equipment and installation costs for commercial or residential systems.
Owners of Grid-tie Solar Power Systems also can take advantage of:
- Net-Metering Programs, which allow owners to sell the excess power their system generates back to their utility company for credits.
- Rebate Programs with their utility companies
- Incentive-based compensation. (Some Oregon utility companies pay their customers for the amount of power their systems generate over a ten or fifteen year period.)